Sunday, May 16, 2010

Infestation

Earlier today, I was checking houseplants to see, if they needed watering. As I was reaching for the dirt in the pot that holds our Norfolk Pine, the lush greenery in the pot stopped me still. There, at the base of the pine, standing about 12-inches high with four-inch leaves, was the healthiest poison oak that I have ever seen. How it got there I have no clue.


See how pretty and green the thing is. I am itching already, thinking about how I will dispose of the poison bush without getting a real case of the itch.

Yikes!

3 comments:

Frank Womble said...

Hmmm...are you sure that's Toxicodendron pubescens? It has three leaves per stem. Can't tell for sure from the photo. How the heck did it get there???

Mule Skinner said...

I am not sure, but young grandsons were about to arrive, and I did not want to take any chances.

There is a strong possibility that the leaves were Quercus macrocarpa. If that is the case, then I think local squirrels may have hidden their nuts in the pine tree pot, when we had the tree on our front porch. LOL!

Dave said...

Looks like an oak tree to me.