Friday, June 18, 2010

Six Degrees of Reflection

Today, I turned fifty-five, and I paused to reflect on the lives that I may have touched. It is no wonder that the theory states that we are separated by six or fewer degrees. I am jotting down, not the lives, but the way in which I may have been or am part of your life – son, grandson, brother, cousin, student, teacher, employee, husband, lover, father, dad, nephew, uncle, soldier, sailor, leader, engineer, manager, board member, president, elder, actor, author, poet, father-in-law, confidant, antagonist, protagonist, counselor, grandfather, and friend.

Thank you, all, for being part of my life. I look forward to our future connections.

5 comments:

sean said...

I'm glad I'm part of your life and you're part of mine too, Uncle Dad. Happy Birthday!

Mule Skinner said...

Again, what's with those pesky, unforked, knotted, family trees. Does that mean we're from Arkansas? Yes, yes some of us are!

Soooie ...

Frank Womble said...

David,

Happy (belated) birthday! Sorry I missed it. I'm proud and pleased to be part of your six degrees of reflection. Include me under soldier, friend, confidant, antagonist, and protagonist. I think you left out a few categories, though: author, mule skinner and movie producer!

Warm regards,
Frank

Anonymous said...

Dave:

I happened upon your artical on the change of command at Fort Benning, GA. I was not there for the first one but I was for the second. It is great to see you have not changed much. How did you end up in TX. It is also good to see Frank is still around.

Chuck Cox

Mule Skinner said...

Hey Chuck,

Good hearing from you. You can find me at facebook.com/David.W.Rackley

..Dave